EXTREME HEAT PROCEDURES RULES
On a day of extreme heat the following rules apply with respect to play taking place:
- 1. It is the responsibility of the captains that the weather bureau be called on 1196 immediately before play is due to commence.
- 2. If the temperature as recorded in your designated zone is 38 degrees or more, then play shall not commence.
- 3. Play shall not commence until the recorded temperature falls below 38 degrees.
- 4. It is the responsibility of captains that the weather bureau be called every 20 minutes during play at the 01, 21 and 41 minute mark of each hour when the Buereau provides updates.
- 5. If the temperature as recorded in your designated zone is 38 degrees or more, then play shall cease immediately
- 6. Play shall not recommence until the recorded temperature falls below 38 degrees.
- 7. Any delay or interruption to play shall be treated in the usual way and the applicable match rules apply. Specifically, refer to rules regarding reduction of overs and normal conditions.
- 8. If the temperature reaches 38 degrees and play is delayed, under our match rules, the captains can agree to abandon play on the basis that the conditions are unfit for play to continue.
- 9. Where the captains disagree about abandoning play, the decision then falls to the umpire.
- 10. Where the captains disagree and there is no umpire then the teams remain until the temperature falls below 38 degrees, they agree or 6 pm arrives.
Designated Heat Zones - (view)